Book Cafe

Jumaat, 2 Julai 2010

TENJEWBERRYMUDS...

HAVE A GOOD LAUGH FOR THE DAY...

You'll understand what 'tenjewberrymuds' means by the end of the conversation. This has been nominated for the best email of 2007.

The following is a telephone exchange between a hotel guest and room-service, at a hotel in Asia, which was recorded and published in the Far East Economic Review:

Room Service (RS) : Morrin. Roon sirbees.
Guest (G) : Sorry, I thought I dialed room-service.
RS : Rye.. Roon sirbees..morrin! Jewish to oddor sunteen??
G : Uh... yes. I'd like some bacon and eggs.
RS : Ow july den?
G : What??
RS : Ow july den?... Pryed, boyud, poochd?
G : Oh, the eggs! How do I like them? Sorry, scrambled please.
RS : Ow july dee baykem? Crease?
G : Crisp will be fine.
RS : Hokay. An sahn toes?
G : What?
RS : An toes. July sahn toes?
G : I don't think so.
RS : No? Judo wan sahn toes??
G : I feel really bad about this, but I don't know what 'judo wan sahn toes' means.
RS : Toes! toes!... Why jew don juan toes? Ow bow Anglish moppin we bodder?
G : English muffin!! I've got it! You were saying 'Toast'. Fine. Yes, an English muffin will be fine.
RS : We bodder?
G : No.. just put the bodder on the side.
RS : Wad!?
G : I mean butter... just put on the side.
RS : Copy?
G : Excuse me?
RS : Copy... tea... meel?
G : Yes. Coffee, please, and that's all.
RS : One minnie. Scramah eggs, crease baykem, Anglish moppin with bodder on sigh and copy...rye??
G : Whatever you say.
RS : Tenjewberrymuds.
G : You're very welcome.

Tiada ulasan:

Catat Ulasan